Friday 13 July 2012

The Deadly Illamasqua Sale

So, Illamasqua have a sale on at the moment. Prices start at just £5! I tried my hardest to not even look at it, but i just couldn't do it, and before i knew it i had 3 things in my basket and i was checking out.
I've wanted to try illamasqua foundation for a while, their skin base foundation has load of great reviews, though none of these were in the sale. There were so many things i wanted, but this is what i decided on,


I spent AGES reading reviews and watching YouTube videos on the foundations that were in the sale, which were the Rich Liquid Foundation, The Light Liquid Foundation, The Cream Foundation & The Powder Foundation. I ended up going for the Light Liquid Foundation in shade 210, which is for medium skin with neutral undertones.


The colour on my face ended up being ever so slightly to pale, but believe it or not, i actually have a bit of natural tan at the moment. So this foundation will be the perfect colour when my tans faded a bit.


This foundation has a really nice scent to it, it smells a bit like cake/vanilla. It isn't an over powering scent and it doesn't linger, but i quite like it.


It blends really nicely and gives just enough coverage with out being or sheer, and its buildable so the coverage is variable, depending how you apply it. when i tried it out, i used the ELF studio stippling brush, which left quite a sheer finish. I really really like this foundation. if you are going to buy it in the sale, i would recommend, either if you live near a store going in and getting matched or if you don't, google swatches and try and work out your undertone.
The foundations are £10 in the sale.

I also picked up a concealer if the same colour, i used it under my eyes and just around my nose a bit, it looks great with the foundation and blends really nicely. A little goes a long way, so i can see it lasting a while.


Its quite a thick consistency, it's like solid in the packaging. but it blends out nicely and doesn't look cakey.



The concealer cost me £5!

The last thing i picked up was something i saw at IMATS and totally regretted not buying while i was there, i was so pleased to see it in the sale.
It was the Illumine Oil in Volt, which is a body oil/highlighter that has amazing blue/violet iridescent shimmer in it, its just insane. If you ever go into an Illmasqua you need to swatch this.


I tried to get a photo that did it justice, it really is beautiful. Its got an amazing tropical fruity scent to it as well.


look at those sparkles! It blends onto the skin beautifully and gives a really nice subtle sheen, but when it catches the light its truly gorgeous all iridescent and shimmery.
I love love love this product and it only cost £7.50

When you check out with Illamasqua you are given the option to add two freebies to your basket, you can pick the latest catalogue or a sample of their fragrance 'Freak' or you can pick both.
I chose both, though i already have a copy of their catalogue i like to keep one for best and the other to go into my inspiration folder.
and i picked the perfume sample because i adore their perfume, i love the smell of it and have about 4 samples that I'm savouring.

I would highly recommend checking out the Illamasqua sale, there are some serious bargains! And loads more stuff than what i picked up, they have a load of their lip glosses and eye pencils and also face powders and brushes. As well as there liquid metals, which i did put in to my basket but removed, though I'm slightly regretting that.
so go look, and tell me what you cant resist buying, I'd love to hear.

Lots of Love

X

3 comments:

  1. The body OIL looks gorgeous!! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh nice haul!Might look into the foundation when I finish the masses I own x

    ReplyDelete