Thursday 5 July 2012

She Said Beauty Box; July

Juuullllyyyy. Yes its already July? Is anyone else shocked by this? Where is this year going? My She Said Box turned up with no trouble this time. I have to say, i think this is possibly my favourite She Said so far. Everything i got in it, excites me. This month, and I'm pretty sure its the first time SSB have done this, there were 2 variations. The box i received and another one that contained a Miners Blusher/bronzer and Some Eyelash curlers from the The Vintage Cosmetics Company.
So, here's my box.....


Miners Cosmetics Love Phat Liner; Miners Cosmetics is a brand I'm not overly familiar with. Though i think I remember it from when i was younger, as one of those brands that was aimed at the younger audience? I don't see it in any of the shops around where i live, where can you actually buy this brand? The pencil itself, it feels quite cheap, i also think the packaging looks quite cheap. But that doesn't always mean poor quality. The actual product is actually nice and soft. Often with the cheaper ranges of make up eyeliner pencils can be quite hard and scratchy, but this one is OK and actually quite creamy. It smudges quite well, i know some people like this from an eyeliner.
This is full size and retails at £3.99

LaylaD Honey Moisturiser; I've not heard of this brand before, but i love honey and anything including honey. I love the scent of this cream, its not a synthetic honey smell, but i a proper natural honey scent, like you're smelling a jar of honey. Honey is great for the skin, and is a natural healer, and very nourishing. The cream also contains Coconut oil. I cannot wait to try this cream! Its a really good sized sample as well, 15ml. So I'll be able to get a good idea of the cream and whether it'll work for my skin, the full size is quite reasonably priced as well at £12.99 for 50ml.

Murad Time Release Blemish Cleanser; This is the product I'll probably get the least use out of, mainly because i don't often get blemishes. I'll get the odd one now & again, but nothing worth writing home about. Though saying that, since I've had my fringe cut in I've found my forehead has got a lot more oily, probably from the curtain of hair that now covers it. So, i may try this out i may not. who knows. I like Murad products i took their exfoliating cleanser away on holiday with me and really loved it, this anti-blemish one has a similar texture, so i don't know. if i try it I'll let you know, if i don't, then i wont. 

Stylefile S-File; This strange looking file was created by Tom Pellereau, who won The Apprentice (i think 2 series ago, 2010?) The purpose of the Stylefile ingenious shape is to follow the nails natural shape, making it easier to file your nail. My mum has already swiped this, so i can't give my own opinion on it. But my mum is extremely pleased with it. I believe this has taken over her favourite boots nail files. She she shape also makes it easier to hold while filing. I'd say she'd highly recommend these. This is also full size and they retail for £4.49 (and supposedly, according to the box, will last for 12 months!)

Freeze 24-7 Ice Crystals Anti-Aging Prep & Polish; I don't really know what to write about this. The card basically just says; "A powerful resurfacing cocktail that retextures and refinishes skin for a vibrant and fresh new glow" it may just be me but 'A powerful resurfacing cocktail' sounds lethal?! I can imagine putting it on, and its just melting my skin away. haha. we got a 1.2ml sachet, so hopefully it won't do to much damage with that. The full size is £35.00 for 70g

Eden Natural Nail Polish Remover; I like the idea of this product, nail polish remover seems like a pretty harsh product. So having a natural variant is interesting. It smells really nice to, like limes. It claims to 'remove nail polish quickly and gently, whilst nourishing and moisturising nails and cuticles. I plan to change my nail polish today, so I'll try this out instead of using my Bourjois remover.

The bonus item in this months box was a Debenhams Beauty Club Reward Card. I didn't have one of these, so i guess its a useful bonus item? Though I'm pretty sure, the majority of people that 'want' one will already have one? There was a reason why i didn't have one, because i always buy my beauty products from boots (because i get staff discount) There isn't any harm in registering it, and putting with all my other cards in my purse, you never know. One day i may purchase something from Debenhams beauty section, are there any Debenhams exclusives? I have to say, (and I'm not just saying this because i work there) But Boots Advantage card is much better, With Debenhams beauty club, any purchase up to £25 you get 1 point per £1 any purchase over £25 you then get 3 points per £1. Boots advantage card, no matter how much or little you spend, you will get 4 points per £1, boots also very often have points offers and are great at sending out vouchers. I also recommend using the points Kiosks in the larger stores, there is usually some really good vouchers on there!
So there we go, that's my little boots plug, haha. I am in no way dissing Debenhams at all. It is after all my mums favourite shop.

I am pretty pleased with my She Said box this month, and it remains one of my favourites.
Were you happy with the contents of your box?

Lots of Love

X

6 comments:

  1. I got the other box but really liked mine too xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of this box! I wish I had one! :( xxxxx


    ----

    I recently spent the morning at Google with the Youtube folks learning how to make the most of Youtube, how to brand your channel, how to get the most followers (sounds too good to be true I know, but it actually happened!) if you're a Youtuber or you're thinking about it, check out my post here! xxxx

    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/morning-with-youtube-how-to-get-most.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the debenhams card is a bit of ajoke... come on, you can pick it at any counter for free... they should have at least put some points credit on it! ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are points on the card, £5!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every weekend i used to pay a quick visit this web site, for the reason that
    i wish for enjoyment, for the reason that this this web site conations truly
    fastidious funny data too.

    Visit my blog post single cup coffee makers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty part of content. I simply stumbled upon
    your website and in accession capital to claim that I get actually enjoyed account your blog posts.
    Any way I will be subscribing to your feeds or even I achievement you
    get right of entry to consistently rapidly.

    Stop by my website ... http://Www.Contactnewfriends.com/profile.php?ID=21229

    ReplyDelete