Saturday 7 July 2012

I've Gone Elf Crazy!

The initial reason for this massive order, was to buy things to go into 'beauty boxes' for my friends birthdays. I like to buy things throughout the year, so when a birthday comes around i have an array of things to pick. BUT, i ended up buying a lot of stuff just for myself. I only ever order from elf when they are running a promotion (which seems to be every weekend) quite often, it'll be free gifts (which is my favourite) they often do free shipping codes and other discount codes.
At the time i ordered, they were doing a free mystery gift, up to the value of i think £12 and one lucky order over the weekend got a £50 voucher. (which i wasn't lucky enough to receive.)
So here's what i ordered.


- Matte Nail Polish Top Coat
- Eyebrow Stencil Kit
- Blending Eye Brush (one of my favourites)
- Eyeliner Brush
- Duo Eyeshadow in Mocha Swirl
- Tinted Moisturiser in Honey
- Waterproof eyeliner pen in Black
- Studio Matte Lip Colour in Coral
- Lip Lock Pencil
- Studio Blush in Peachy Keen
- Studio Powder Brush
- Daily Brush Cleaner

My free gift was a Mineral Moisturising Lip Tint in Cherry.

a couple of the things i got were doubles, the eye blending brush and the studio powder brush, just because i really like these.
I also got a studio matte colour in Coral, i already have it in Praline and really like them.
I've wanted to try a matte top coat for ages so got the elf one as it was only £2.50
The eyeliner pen was only £1.50 and I've wanted to try one for a while just to see how i get on with them if i like it then i may get them in different colours.
The lip lock pencil seemed like a great product, i think its meant to be like a lip liner, so it stops your lipstick bleeding out. But its just a clear pencil, so there's no worry about having to match it to your lipstick. Genius!
I got the tinted moisturiser just to try it out, its was only £1.50 so a complete bargain, but its was completely the wrong colour, which is the only probably with buying foundation and such online.
I'm loving the studio blush, i did originally buy this to go in the box of goodies for my friends but i couldn't help myself and had to swatch it. It'd be perfect for Summer, if we ever get one! i reckon it could be used as a highlighter or even an all over face powder, its has a lovely glow to it and the peachy colour is only really obvious once its built up. Its a really gorgeous colour. I also really like the packaging, i think perhaps trying to go for the Nars look, its really sleek and feels alot more expensive, but comes in at a pocket pleasing £3.75

So out of the whole order the only thing that's actually gone in to my birthday box is the Eyeshadow duo. Which like the blush i was tempted to open up and swatch for myself. but managed to refrain.

L-R, Tinted Moisturiser, Eyeliner Pen, Studio Blush, Lip Tint.


Here are a couple of swatches of the things i bought, the only thing missing is the Studio Matte Lip Colour, because I've already started wearing, and have managed to leave it in the car!

Have you bought anything from ELF recently?

Lots of Love

X

3 comments:

  1. This is one brand I have never ever tried!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo I lov a good haul!! You got loads!!

    Em

    x

    Em's Mixed Bag

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey hun. I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. You can check it out here: http://lauraslittlesecrets.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/liebster-blog-award.html
    xx

    ReplyDelete