Friday 9 March 2012

Orly!

The other day the Lovely Lainey LuLu (The Life & Times of Lainey LuLu) bought to our attention that cheapsmells.com were doing 2 Orly Miniatures for the bargain price of £3.95 (and free delivery)! If you've read my previous posts you'll know i LOVE Orly nail polish. You could pick any colour from a large-ish choice, and then the free colour would be a mystery! I chose a polish called 'Shine On Crazy Diamond' it actually took me about half an hour to decide, and lots of googling imaging. But i decided on this one, which from pictures looked like a silvery/holographic glitter polish.
And today, i got a lovely package in my post tray!

Sorry About The Blur!


I tried to capture the holographic-ness as much as i could. So the bottom polish is the one i chose, the top was my mystery free polish, i am actually amazingly pleased! I was a bit worried they were going to pawn us off with a colour no one ever buys. But no, This is such a beautiful summery colour, its called 'Be Iconic' and its definitely a colour i would have picked myself! I love both of them, i also think they'd both go really well together!

Left; Be Iconic Right; Shine On Crazy Diamond

So these are the swatched, Be Iconic gave really nice cover even after one coat, but did two just to make it fully opaque, it glides on nice, and has a really nice pearl finish.
Glitter polishes are always a bit of a gamble i think, you can never tell, The picture of Shine On Crazy Diamond is after 3 coats, its not crammed with glitter, but i think it'd make a really good top coat. The pieces of glitter are really tiny. I don't think you'd be able to wear this polish on its on, so I'll definitely be layering it over other colours.

Did you take advantage of this great offer? What mystery colour did you receive?

Lots of Love

x

4 comments:

  1. I missed out on this bargain even though I am a huge Cheapsmells fan!! Love the shades you got, great posts :)

    Em

    x

    http://www.emsmixedbag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really pleased with my mystery one, i was a little worried, as i'd never bought from that site before!
      Thanks for reading :D
      xx

      Delete
  2. I want to try the shine on crazy diamond too! love your blog post :)
    following you xx
    Chloe@GiadaBeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it! Thanks :D and thank you for reading & following :)
      xxx

      Delete